How many of these “11 Things the Military Teaches You About Leadership” apply to your own leadership in schools?
· Always look sharp.
· Take good care of your people
· Assemble diverse teams to get a range of perspectives
· Invest in relationships for the long term
· Be willing to listen to everyone
· Stay calm under pressure
· Act decisively even with limited information
· Carefully plan the logistics
· Lead with integrity
· Be, know, and do everything you ask of those below you
· Give 100% of your effort (Griswold, 2014)
Which of these do you think most applies to educational leadership? Which of these could educational leaders adopt to see improvement? Which of these would you want your students to practice?
Griswold, A. (2014, February 27). 11 Things The Military Teaches You About Leadership. Business Insider: Strategy.