School District Budget Information
School Finance Forms, Docs, and Resources
The Maricopa County School Superintendent's Office offers the following fiscal management services:
- Financial consulting.
- Reconciling cash balances with the County Treasurer's office.
- Assist in budget preparation and analysis with school districts.
- Reviewing annual financial reports and expenditure budgets.
- Working cooperatively with school districts in determining local property tax rates.
- Assisting school districts in complying with state and federal statutes and regulations.
- Deposit revenues with the County Treasurer on behalf of school districts.
- Act as a liaison on behalf of school districts with local, county, state and federal entities.
As the fiscal agent for 37 Maricopa County school districts, the superintendent's office also ensures maintenance of accurate and current federal and state grant project records in accordance with federal and state guidelines.
This office is also responsible for the fiscal management of our own grant projects, ensuring that responsible business practices are followed in all areas, including procurement, reporting and alliance building. We assist schools and districts in their pursuit of funding opportunities. We are not able to assist students or individuals in searching for grant opportunities.
The office is open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Thursday, 8 a.m to 4 p.m., Friday.
- Arizona Department of Education
- Arizona Auditor General
- Universal Merchants
- Arizona Association of School Business Officials (AASBO): A professional organization dedicated to ongoing informational updates and professional development for school district personnel.
- Heinford, Meech & Co: H&M conducts regularly scheduled training for school district staff to inform on the requirements to keep financial records in compliance with state law.
- Maricopa County
- Policy and Law
SCHOOL DISTRICT GRANT DOCUMENTS
- Fiscal Year 2017
- Fiscal Year 2016
- Fiscal Year 2015
- Fiscal Year 2014
- Fiscal Year 2013
- Fiscal Year 2012
- Fiscal Year 2011
- Fiscal Year 2010
- Fiscal Year 2009
- Fiscal Year 2008
- Fiscal Year 2007
SCHOOL DISTRICT GRANT WEB RESOURCES
- Interest Allocation Sample
- Tyler Grant Application
- Advice of Encumbrance (USFR) Memo 188
- Common Chart of Account and Expense Classifications
TREASURER ULTIS INFORMATION
- AgencyWeb Login Job Aid
- Inquiry Options Job Aid
- File Upload Job Aid
- File Upload PowerPoint
- Depository Receipt Template
- Chart of Accounts Cross Reference
SCHOOL EQUALIZATION AND TAXES
- Fiscal Year 2013-2014
- Fiscal Year 2014-2015
- Fiscal Year 2015-2016
- Fiscal Year 2016-2017
- Fiscal Year 2017-2018
- Fiscal Year 2018-2019
SCHOOL FINANCE FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How I obtain a customized report?
Our Visions experts can create a customized report to meet your needs. Call Technical Support at 602-372-4833 for more information.
How can I obtain my district’s current reconciliation report?
Contact your Business Services Specialist. For your convenience, we can scan and send it via e-mail.
Can I provide you with an electronic copy of my Proposed, Adopted and any Revisions of my school districts budget. If so, where? Will I receive a stamp?
Yes. According to A.R.S. 15-905 section A: it states paraphrasing “budget in electronic format for the budget year, which shall contain the information and be in the form as provided by the department of education.” The submittal information for Proposed, Adopted and any Revisions of school districts budget direct contact information is firstname.lastname@example.org. Once the information is provided, someone from the Fiscal Management & Consulting will provide the stamped copy for auditing purposes.
What is a Fiscal Agent?
By Arizona State statutes (A.R.S. 15-302), the office of the Superintendent provides accounting services to school districts such as payroll and expense processing, budget preparation and analysis, check and cash balance reconciliation, tax rate calculation, and financial report preparation.
What is an Education Service Agency?
The Arizona Dept. of Education has directed County school superintendent’s offices to provide services and support for the schools and their professional educators and administrators. Activities include facilitating workshops and training sessions that offer instruction in financial matters, curriculum development, student data analysis and subject improvement strategies. The office also provides teacher certification registration, student and teacher recognition programs and interpretation of state and federal educational initiatives and requirements.
Does your office conduct any trainings?
Yes, we currently offer training in Infinite Visions Enterprise Edition software via monthly meetings, as well as customized on-site training specific to your needs. We also offer individualized GL reconciliation training. Please contact the Business Services Team at email@example.com to schedule a visit with one of our specialists. In addition, we will provide training on the tax rate calculation process beginning in Fiscal Year 2011-2012. If you are in need or have any suggestions for additional training topics – regardless of content – we are happy to collaborate with you to accommodate your request.
Contact the School Finance Department at